Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Compassion International Child

When Kristy and I went to the Mercy Me concert in late October, at the end the of the concert the guys in the band did their pitch for Compassion International. I had heard the pitch several times in the last few years, always wanting to sponsor a child, but not having the means to do so at the time. This time, conditions were just right. I had just finished paying off my car, freeing up $156 a month. Of course, I already had allocated the funds to something else but I felt Jesus tugging at my heart and remembering James 1:27 (paraphrased) "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." Kristy and I ended up with two different "child packets". One was from a South American country, Ecuador I think. The other was from a child in Ethiopia. Kristy made the choice of the Ethiopian girl named Terefech. Here is her picture. She looks so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home